Saturday, January 12, 2008

E Village

The East Village is like one big acid flashback (I guess) seeing as I never hang out there in the day so much, just at night, with other people leading the way. Every time I turn the corner I run into some place I drank or macked at once. Last night we went to Big Bar, down the street from that other little lounge where I picked up some nice queer boy last fall. At Big Bar, I watched the trim, very metro, 50-something owner hit on this late-30s secretary wearing a slip and her best bob blow-out. She, meanwhile, was being watched over by another man, his arm protectively on the back of her bar stool a lot of the time. When he opened his mouth it became clear that she was hag to his fag, there because earlier she had implored him "omg don't let me do anything crazy tonight!" I guess. By the time we left the owner was hitting on her gay instead.

Big Bar has my new favourite New York restrooms.

6 comments:

Phil said...

I think I have to see you macking some time. I'm sure it's awesome.

M said...

Rawr.

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

And what makes a fine NY restroom? There is a flat screen TV in the new Moxies in S'toon...you can watch HGTV while you wait in line. Who deemed that classy?

M said...

The opposite - antique fixtures and lit only by candles. Quiet and surprisingly clean. A window cracked open onto a courtyard overlooked by windows at funny angles.

Phil said...

Man, there were some great NYC restrooms on the tour you gave us - that one that was like 300 years old and so busy that all we did was wait for me to pee on 200 year old urinals, and that one where we had $10 cocktails and it had that big, uh, stained-glass antechamber for washing hands with ladies? Wait, was that big bar?

M said...

After deciphering my foggy drunken memories, I have decided that the first place you are referring to is McSorley's, and the second place is Schiller's.