Saturday, October 18, 2008

Street meat

I got food poisoning on Tuesday, the same day that I went to the dentist, the same day that I taught two classes. Wah me. I still have the food poisoning (don't eat from the pizza truck in Union Square). This is the first time this has happened to me, even though I eat from the trucks all the time because they are so cheap! I mean because they are so good. Seriously, have you ever swayed outside of a truck for 15 minutes in the middle of the night waiting for your philly cheese steak to toast? Delish. So is chicken and rice, especially outside of the Hilton in midtown. So are hotdogs, I don't care what anybody says. If you walk one block west from Union Square to 14th and 5th they are $1 instead of $2. In fact, don't let anybody charge you $2 for a hotdog, that's ridiculous. Excuse me I will be in the bathroom for five minutes.

2 comments:

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

When I was there in '01 I was standing in line waiting for my oh-so-anticipated-New-York-food-item (hot pretzel) when some guy with all his "I grew up here" snobbery leaned over and breathed in my ear "You might as well lick the sidewalk honey".Then strode off down the sidewalk like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Sans white leisure suit. As if a little sidewalk dirt ever stopped a Saskatchewan farm girl from getting cheap food. Bah.

Bibliophile said...

Once I used food poisoning from street meat as an excuse to get out of a bad date. I did not have food poisoning and I very much enjoyed that hot dog.