Monday, February 19, 2007

Two New York things I did this weekend

And it's still the weekend, cuz it's President's Day. (Buy a mattress.)

1) Went to PS1, which is a branch of the MoMA out in Long Island City, Queens. It's in an old public school, obviously, and a bit edgier than the MoMA, a bit less ikea. My faves were an installation piece where you and another person climbed up tall ladders and poked your head through a just-big-enough hole in the ceiling (I won't tell you what you saw), and a blurry, foggy b&w photograph of a house that seemed to come in and out of focus as you looked at it.

2) Finally had an egg cream. It was seltzer and chocolate and something dairy. This was at Eisenberg's, which is a very old, long and narrow Noo Yawk diner. Food was great. Stools and bar were great. Cheeky Mexican cooks were great.

1 comment:

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

Here in Canucksville it's Family Day. When I was working, I felt very strongly about this wonderful holiday-for-no-reason. Long live Family Day. Now that I'm at home full time it's a pain in my ass to have a holiday for no reason. I ran out of drinkable water today and the store was closed. How priorities change. I can't wait until I move back to a place where "Drinkable" water comes out of the tap and the water I actually like to drink blissfully comes from a store like all water should. I am SO going to cost Aaron thousands the month we move back to civilization.