Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring break your will

The only way I can tell it is Spring Break is the fact that I haven't been on a subway in two days. I've just been doing errands in my own neighbourhood and sticking close to my laptop. I have to recover from the abject humiliation I suffered last week when I wasn't able to do my scheduled presentation in a seminar. That's right, I dropped the ball.

My friends are trying to convince me to go to Long Island tomorrow, though. The Hamptons, in fact. Hmm... Hmm... Either that, or my one remaining roommate and I can continue to duke it out in this passive aggressive rhubarb, pleased as we are that the other is still here.

5 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

I'm in a bit of a p.a. rhubarb myself. What a funny little thing. So driven, yet driven by such odd stuff. (Why does she always leave the cardboard toilet paper rolls in the bathroom, sometimes placing them behind the toilet? huh)

M said...

Why does she always leave all her lights on when she leaves the house? Why does she do such a shitty job of doing the dishes? Why does she always need to be in the kitchen just as I go in there? Why does she talk on the phone for 6 hours a day? Why does she always do that croaky voice when talking on the phone, like she's laughing or crying?

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

If it weren't for other people, the world would be a better place to live. Why do they have to do their laundry at 3am when the dryer is 2 feet from your bedroom door and has a squeaky drum and they know you have to be up at 6am for work??? Whoa...where did that come from? Repressed roommate trauma at it's worst!

Christian said...

Why do they never sweep up the broken glass after using the ejection seat? Why do they always leave the cap off the ferret milk? Why do they say "over" after each sentence when talking on the phone? Why are there footprints on the ceiling? Why is airhorn practice scheduled for midnight?
A person's intuition is as unique as their fingerprint. There's nothing common about common sense. Bla bla bla. It's all a test. Gandhi loves you.

M said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!