Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fair trades (1)

Steve, --

Sorry for being so tardy with the book exchange. I tried more than once to send my end of the bargain. It ended up costing an hour of standing in line (as I knew it would) in a crowded and humid post office, and $25, and my decorum in my Wednesday lecture as I had to run from East Village to West to get to my students in time, arriving red-faced, etc.

I've only glanced through Bear. "A fat, freckled, pink and black tongue. It licked. It rasped, to a degree. It probed. It felt very warm and good and strange. What the hell did Byron do with his bear? she wondered." No dissuading the Americans of any stereotypes now. I didn't realize it was a "real" book. Did you know that it won a Governor General's award?

Anyhow, as you have already said you will, I desperately need this book returned to me, for reasons my blog has earlier explained.

Your internet fast friend,
Marianne

1 comment:

Not Available said...

I didn't mention your name in my post. Now everyone knows for sure that we swapped books. Gross.

Your book has bad words in it. My mom is going to kill me.