Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fine, but I'm only doing this so I can blog about it later

Girl, go buy me a water.
Uh, are you talking to me?
[chats on cell phone... chats on cell phone... finishes cell phone conversation] Will you go buy me a water? I'm thirsty and tired.
Heh, do you have any money?
Of course I have money. You think I'ma make you buy me a water with your own money?
I don't know - you asked me to "buy" you a water.
Go and I'll give you money when you get back.
I don't even have any money on me. I think I have like 50 cents.
Girl like you walking around like that and you only have 50 cents?
[shrug]
[reaches down]
Oh great - I get the money from the sock?
You better be bringin me my change.
This is a single. Where do you want your water from?
The stand - right over there.
[buy water, bring it back, push it through the chain-link fence]
Thanks, baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No effing way. I am imagining the soft, warm and damp single he pulled out of his sock. Nice.
A friend of mine (PhD at NYU) saw one of her old students the other day, and he walked up to her with a group of his friends and said, "Hey baby girl" - what's with new york men owning women? And why don't I mind more?
g

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

It's not just New York men...the men in my life call me baby. Dad still calls me Baby Doll, I'm 31 and I love it. Sad, sad, sad. When did I ditch the feminist movement???