Saturday, March 01, 2008

Worst week ever moderately redeemed; partial nudity involved

Friday I was a grouchy bitch, completely willing to relegate the evening to sitting on my bed marking logic assignments and watching true crime, but friend insisted I come and watch burlesque on the Lower East Side, because she was on a bad blind date with (and trying to shake), for some reason, this guy:

So I showered and changed and went. And then the show turned out to be really effing good and I let some Chilean man at the bar buy me a shot, and for both friend and I it went from being one of those two-beer evenings to one of those hit-the-ATM-twice and close down some dive and take a cab home in the day for night.

P. S. The show was hosted by this middle-aged (duh) gay (duh) Jew (duh) from Brooklyn (duh) in a bunny suit and lucite heels (yes), who at one point turned to my friend and said "Yeah honey, look at you, sitting between a real man and a real blonde."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotty the Blue Bunny makes me feel slightly uncomfortable.

Eric

M said...

I think he's supposed to...