Sunday, March 16, 2008

On it

My landlord hasn't turned the boiler off and the knobs that control my radiators have long since broken off, so my apartment is sweltering. On account of which last night I slept with the windows open, which is distracting because there are always drunk sluts from New Jersey hanging around on the street, shouting and fist-fighting while waiting for their lap dance, except that last night it was tinkering, not yelling, and finally I had to get up to see what was going on. Four guys were surrounding this car. I couldn't figure out that the hell - they weren't stealing it because they weren't in enough of a hurry, and they weren't fixing a flat because they didn't have any tires. Turns out they were from ConEd, moving the car three feet to the right, so that they could access the manhole it was covering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa lady! At first I thought you were referring to women when you said 'sluts,' and I was almost offended, you know, cause that term gets old. But when I realized you were revamping the term to refer to dumb men form New Jersey, I felt really good about it. Smile.