Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A little give and go

I heart New York. But I've been here for a year and a half now which is time enough for things to happen and now, oh, there are little pieces of it that make my stomach flop. Places that I avoid, at least when I am not trying to write them over with new occasions and even when I do I sit there with a little taste of cancer in my mouth. And there are little petards sewn into my week: Tuesday, Wednesday, sometimes Thursday. They don't always go off, but that just makes them all the more effective, right? This is not the forum for this? Someone take the keyboard away from me?

Anyway, the city sustains. A guy on the subway gives me his seat and I come home at midnight to find that some neighbour has carried my package up four flights of stairs and left it on my doorstep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The city only sustains because you're cute! ;)

Eric