Thursday, February 14, 2008

Don't die coffee guy!

The other day my bodega guy was kind of a jerk to me, and a few days after that he apparently felt the need to make it up to me. I had just bought ciggies and was leaving the store when he yelled "Miss!" I turned around, and he was holding out a little candy heart-on-a-stick and said "Happy Valentine."

Another day I was running past my coffee guy on a work errand, not having bought coffee that morning because I was hung over and so got a Jamba Juice instead, and he saw me passing and yelled "Hello!" and grabbed a cup, and I told him, "Hi - no, I'm not getting coffee today" and he filled it anyway and handed it to me and said, "For you, friend, there is no charge."

I somewhat didn't expect his truck to be there this morning since, as the wicked cool weather man on the local CBS affiliate says, there's been a lot of "precip," but it was. Except that it was staffed with a different coffee guy! I asked where "my friend" was and he said "Oh, Sameer [I think]? He has a problem with his heart. He'll be back tomorrow."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick - give him back his heart! I hope you haven't licked it yet!

lisa said...

pml