Sunday, September 23, 2007

Definitely something about boys feeding me

One time in high school I had this really bad head cold and was feeling kind of miserable on account of it, and for some reason - I don't remember why - none of my girlfriends were around (they were off on some extra-curricular activity that I didn't sign up for?). Anyway, my friend so-and-so, whom I knew but never really hung out with, in this endearingly understated way, took me into town on his moped and bought me lunch at this little café. We had sandwiches, and we didn't talk much, and afterwards we went back to mostly not knowing each other. It is all the more fond in my memory because it was so random.

This week or last - I don't remember which because I've had this cold forever - some similarly adorably unsolicited thing like this happened two days in a row. One day I had exactly an hour to kill, and no will to buy food even though hungry, and friend happened upon me with two big take-out containers of leftovers, which we ate in an empty classroom. The very next day another friend gave me exactly half a black-and-white cookie, transversally still half black and half white, and there you have the point of this post. That's a New York thing, right? Tick. Kind of like an iced doughnut in cookie form, by the way.

No comments: