Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Exeunt

Um, hi. Blog's gone dark, I know. Times are not good; everyone's stressed, everyone's sick, everyone's swimming in the whorls of mental instability that we academics like to masochistically impose upon ourselves every four months. It radiates out from work to time to people to life to health to self. I keep busy staring at the various aporias that every aspect of my life has resolved into: I need to be both here and there. I need to be both with and without him/her/them/that. I need to keep my schedule clear for academic work, which I won't be able to sustain without instead filling it with paid work.

And so, I present to you this commemorative shot I grabbed of the Empire State Building decapitated...



And a decapitated shot of my own, since I look good on Taz coffee and American Spirits.

4 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

Chin up! You can do it; you always do. They didn't call you "the brainer" for nothing.

I love you.

(this is not Mike)

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

Sexy babe...anyone with that hot of a bod obviously has a ton of brains to match.

Take a breath, don't forget to get at least a few minutes of downtime in and eat a lot of snacks. We're rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

...and from time to time, even the most enduring structures exist headless - buildings, women, time -and we read ancient texts with the eyes that are on the genitals, and we think that this is a useless task, but, oh the things retained when learned by the lower parts!

Christian said...

What we can't see is that your head was somewhere else it had to be anyway.