Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I've figured out a new analogy for my job

Take my bookshelf. It's not alphabetized. But I know where each of my books is; I put them there. Sure, they're vaguely organized by theme, and the same author will be put together, but there's no top-down system. It just makes sense to me, and I look at it a lot, so I know where my stuff is.

Now, imagine I hired some temp, and handed her the book I'd been reading and asked her to put it "in its place" on the bookshelf. That temp, no matter how intelligent or well-educated or fantastic-looking, would quietly lose her mind. Especially if I said to her in a tart and passive aggressive way, first thing this morning, that she was making me a little bit crazy because I can't find things anymore.

Hold on, I'm summoning the strength to carry on...


Here it comes!...


Ahhhh....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check These out.

R. Peeps said...

yes, i have a blog.

miss suzanne said...

marianne, your lack of strength to carry on is making polish people everywhere feel ashamed.

M said...

Hahaha! Oh, Suzanne. SAVE ME. SAVE ME NOW. BRING ME A MARTINI AND A HUG AND SSAVE ME!!!! NO WAIT - SIX MARTINIS. I NEED YOU.

Rob, I am reading your blog. Your dream was cool.

miss suzanne said...

hugs and martinis forthcoming, i swear. i do have a cocktail shaker, you know. uh, what exactly goes in a martini? you can beat me up later for not knowing, but right now i just need to know. ew... olives are involved, right? you can bring the olives.