Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Timmy's!

Timmy's has opened up in New York! (Sorry it couldn't get its act together in time for your visit, Christian and Lindsey.) I have tried to explain to my American friends (note the ingratiating decor) the phenomenon that is Tim Horton's - the double-double, the ice capp, the boring chicken salad sandwich, and so on. When I used to work at the Calgary airport at five in the morning, and I got in line for a cup of coffee at 4:50 am, I couldn't make it to the front in time to start my shift. And there were six locations in the airport alone. Dunkin Donuts sells one billion cups of coffee a year (population of USA: 300 million). Tim Horton's sells 2 billion (population of Canada: 30 million). And so on.

Anyway, it has been reviewed in the Times, the Post, the New York Daily News, etc., all of which give it sort of mediocre, wtf?-type reviews. Hahahahaha, newspapers. THAT'S THE THING.

4 comments:

Not Available said...

Congratulations. I like to think that one day every Canadian will own a Tim Horton's franchise.

Lindsey said...

Aww..a little cup of home.

Christian said...

The secret - and this may be what the newspapers don't know - is the heroine they put in the cream.

M said...

Really! What's her name?