Friday, February 05, 2010

Ugh, get off of my cloud

I have a date place - a place I suggest for drinks, especially on a first date. It's small and intimate and has good music, played quietly enough that you can still converse easily.

A few weeks ago I let a friend in on my date spot, and she took a guy there. Tonight she had a date with a different guy, who she also arranged to meet at this spot. Only thing is, when she got there, date number one was sitting at the next table, obviously on a date himself. He stole her date place! Which means he stole my date place.

Of course, this being fractal New York, the small city infinitely redoubled back upon itself, the city of eight million people you will keep running into, they had the luxury of simply ignoring each other. Which they did.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Next time I see him I'll punch his face in, instead of ignoring him. It was an ugly face anyway.

Christian said...

This type of gravitation happens on tv based in NY, like Seinfeld and SATC all the time. I used to think it was realistically improbable and only contrived to enable tv plot. Maybe NY art mimics NY life more closely than I thought.