Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things that happened a million years ago

Time passes slowly in New York. Don't get me wrong: the weeks and months fly by with the same nauseating speed as they do anywhere else, but somehow the things that happened a mere year ago here seem light years away. I guess this is the fractal thing again (New York's infinite expansion inward). A lot happens in 24 hours, and it's all different. You change and the city changes even faster (no more CBGB, no more Tavern on the Green). Heraclitus knows what I'm talking about.

Of course, that is why I am here. I'm not opposed to husbands and houses and babies. But I can't handle knowing where I am going to be in five years.

5 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

Is this video what happened a year ago, a month ago, a week ago, or yesterday? Dare I hope? You have my full support (which is easy to say from this far away).

M said...

All of the above.

K-Star said...

Are you feeding the fish cigarettes?

Kate and/or Mike said...

It's ok; they're organic.

lisa said...

Time expands infinitely inward in NYC - so true! Why is that? I've been back like less than two weeks and it feels like two months!