Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Gotta go - I'm meeting [friend] and [friend] for science and drinks"

Winter break was great. I mean, possibly the best Christmas I have had as an adult. It was all steak and crantinis and mimosas and crab legs and fried perogies and card games and hockey tickets. And the best gifts ever.* And it was great seeing my friends, and finding out I can still drive (150 km/hour), and being remembered by the salacious old bartenders at the Garneau. So I was reluctant to get back, where it's all argue-with-the-landlord this and shove-people-on-the-subway that. But tonight my friend reminded me of why we live in New York. First Wednesdays of the month at the Natural History Museum, admission is free in the evening, drinks are only five dollars, and a hip scientist-in-residence will tell you interesting stories about the fish in the Congo river. And the cute DJ will give you his card and the cute party photog will take your picture more than once. Haha.

*Absinthe. A $100 bar tab at both of my haunts. Caviar. New luggage. And something so funny I can only show/tell you in person.

3 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

And a flight! (I gave Mike the GAP stuff.)

AMT said...

while i have actually never met you, only lurked on your blog for a million years on the advice of our mutual friends -- i will inform you that the greek brothers at the Garneau still remember you, even after you have left.

M said...

I've heard about you, AMT! I'm so flattered you read my blog. If you want to come to NY, you've got a place to stay.

P.S. That is hilarious about the Greek brothers. I had no idea.