Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pastrami on Rye for the Soul

Me and New York been having some troubles lately. The construction demolition NOISE outside my apartment at 4 am (I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps... at about 8 am, thank you badumpum), the endlessly waiting for the subway (to take me to my next job), the taking of the subway, the obnoxious people who BUMP INTO YOU or won't share the sidewalk... Yesterday was getting to be one of those days, until an errand sent me into the Yorkville Diner, where they insisted on feeding me (you thirsty? you hungry? you want something? a sandwich, okay, you sure you don't want something hot? you want something to drink besides water? soda or juice or something?) for free. I ate at the counter, me and Pancho hang out, talked about the city, teased the line cook.

1 comment:

Chris said...

The city is rich with unexpected moments of bliss.