Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Somebody's done for

You know what I don't even like anymore? Academia. I've been at this crap for ten years, and have engaged in all of the activities that are at the pinnacle of the next five - publishing, reading, writing, teaching. I do not enjoy these activities. I resist doing them, in fact. I might enjoy them if nobody knew I was doing them.

What do I like? I don't know. Arguing, I think. And travelling. Powerfully subversive action. Somebody guidance counsel me a job out of that. Also try to include the Sunday Times Crossword Puzzle and ska music.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Lobbyist. Or, the new Jackie is similarly inclined and wants to join an NGO.

Anonymous said...

Ska? You know from ska? Okay, I'll give you that, but you're not all that good at crossword puzzles. But God knows you're good at academia. But that's not the point, is it?
Mom

M said...

Puh-leeze. You do the Sunday LATimes, I do the Sunday NYTimes. It's on the back of my toilet right now. I've got all the corners filled in. And unlike you, I don't use a dictionary.

Anonymous said...

I do the LATimes crossword puzzle in the time it takes you to go #1. The NYTimes in the time it takes you to go #2.
Mom