Thursday, April 26, 2007

More subway stories

Today I got on the train and a few stops later a white woman my age got on and sat across from me and she was crying and without saying anything the middle-aged East Indian woman next to me handed her a pack of kleenex. And another time I was on the train and a middle-aged black man was coughing and a middle-aged black woman said "You want a cough drop, daddy?" And another time, friend was on a full train and felt really faint all of a sudden and fell onto some people sitting on the bench when the train jerked out of the station and they immediately made room for her to sit down and a middle-aged black business man gave her his not-even-open one litre bottle of cranberry juice and a middle-aged white woman fanned her with her newspaper.

1 comment:

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

There are still nice people in the world...isn't it ironic how you have to go to New York to find them these days???