Sunday, April 22, 2007

4.21

So, winter didn't start until January, right? And pretty much ever since it's been shitty and cold. Sometimes freezing, sometimes just chilly with a brisk wind, sometimes pissing rain. Well this weekend it was in the high 20s. And I took a long walk in the warm sun without a jacket, down streets I didn't know, and ended up at a restaurant I've never been to, and then friend put a camera down on the table and inside my brain a switched flipped. Suddenly I wasn't in Brooklyn. I was in another city, on vacation, with that Spanish music drifting over from next door and a cocktail at dinner and the sun setting really lazily and I had absolutely nowhere else to be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

High 20s? This is America you Calgary mutha fuck! Just cuz' ya'll had an Olympics...

...well, maybe NASA could learn something, eh?

M said...

Lol!

Who the fuck are you, again?

Anonymous said...

How very American and Imperialist to feel the entitlement to correct your Celcius faux pas.
Mom

Aaron, Kate, Will and Wyatt said...

Did you take that picture? It's gorgeous.

M said...

My friend took it.