Friday, June 12, 2009

My mom is in town

Tuesday

Me: "So right over there - see that elevated train track? - that is the new Highline park. We can either go there and wander around for a while, or we can go and have a caesar salad at the Redhead, but that's in the other direction."

Mom: "Hm... caesar salad at the Redhead."

Me: "Ok well let's walk this way through the Meat- packing district, because you've never been, and it's kind of nice and hip and full of celebrities. See? Like that guy. He's probably famous. Over there, getting out of that car."

Mom: "He is famous."

Me: "Really? Who is he?"

[Guy passes next to us, being fawned over by attendants.]

Me: "Who is that? You know who he is?"

[My mom waits for him to be out of earshot.]

Mom: "That was Quincy Jones."

Me: "Oh! Cool."

Mom: "Rashida Jones' father."

Me: "I didn't know Rashida Jones was Quincy Jones' daughter!"


Friday

[My mom and I are standing on Smith Street in Brooklyn. Christian has just gone into the Rite Aid and Lindsey is phoning come to check on Vance. A guy walks by us.]

Me: "You know who that was, don't you?"

Mom: "Who what was?"

Me: [pushing her] "That guy right there. Go look! Go catch up to him!"

Mom: "Marianne, no! So who was it??"

Me: "The gay husband from The Real Housewives."

Mom: "Really? Oh my god it is."

Me: "How's that for a celebrity sighting?"

Mom: "It is him! Oh wow. He's probably going home - they live in Brooklyn!"

Me: "Yeah."

Mom: "Wow, that's really him."

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I cant believe I didn't see his face! Bah!

Don't forget our Nicolas Cage sighting from afar!

Carina said...

Oh my god the gay husband from Real Housewives! That's a top spot.