Saturday, September 27, 2008

This post sums up my life in New York

I finally went to Balthazar, a kind of stuck up French place in Soho which I have never been able to get into. I was in the neighbourhood and I had to run the clock down from 6 to 7, so I went in and had a $13 glass of Sauvignon Blanc at the bar (I asked for Pinot Grigio but was told they only have "French grapes").

Balthazar is also a bakery, and it supplies restaurants and grocery stores throughout the city. Including one on the Upper West Side whose dumpster my friends and I dived later on that very same night. I rescued a fat pumpernickel and took it home to the freezer. Apparently it's a $9 loaf of bread.

Aaaaaand here is the SMS I got from friend (pictured) an hour later:

"I just walked by people having sex in the street. Almost dropped my bread."

1 comment:

Chris said...

Breaking News: Financial crisis affects the young and good-looking.