Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ssseeeecretsss

My friend invited me to her birthday at a speakeasy on the Lower East Side. Meaning that the décor is 1920s, the booze is served in teacups, and the place is only accessible through a peep-holed door at the top of a fire escape, in the middle of a dark courtyard, behind an unmarked door onto the street. I had never been so I just straightforwardly asked the bouncer "Is this The Back Room?" what question he REFUSED to answer because it was so gauche.

I liked this place, even though you can't fit a whole lot of bathtub gin in a teacup. By the way, inside there is a bookcase behind which there is an even secreter bar, although not the best kep secret because there is a giant bouncer standing outside of it at all times.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Apparently they'll allow anybody in this joint...yeah, even me.