Monday, June 30, 2008

Hi Edmonton I miss you

Hey, easy - not everything about New York is better. For example, a big deal is being made of these waterfalls:


Which are great. And it is kind of great that people will install Big Deal art in New York which will make headlines around the world. Remember this?


I don't, they took it down before I moved here. At any rate, for as lovely as the waterfalls are (they are), they just remind me of the one built right into the Highlevel Bridge in Edmonton:




Which, I have to say, I prefer.

3 comments:

Kate and/or Mike said...

Hey hey! They totally did a lengthy news piece on that orange park piece in France. I think the artist was French? Anyway, I remember it well. Mostly they talked about whether or not people would get it.

Unknown said...

Them shits at the Brooklyn Bridge are fucking retarded. What a waste of resources for a stupid artificial waterfall. As a New Yorker, I openly and violently proclaim my fucking disdain for them as a fucking city fucking monument. Fuck! Not to mention, Grimaldi's is constantly packed now with visitors.

Anyway... long time no talk. How are you Marianne?

Phil said...

Can I use rocco's comment for the sociolinguistics component of my course? It's, I think, 20% fuck.