Sunday, January 14, 2007

Dangerous Nevermind

My job teaching has been cancelled due to lack of enrollment in the class. But the joke's on them: now I have a social security number. I can get a cellphone contract without putting down a $500 security deposit. And collect veterans' benefits.

Yesterday I went to my corner grocery store and noticed that the street was blasted with floodlights. I have learned that this generally means that a scene is being filmed. Now, I'm not one for celebrity sightings. When Sheryl Crow checked in with me at the airport, I asked for her name. Tom Selleck was pointed out to me after I bussed his table. And I only noticed Hilary Swank had been sitting in the lounge for an hour when she came up and asked me for Corn Pops. So god knows how many celebrities I elbow past on a daily basis in New York. Anyhoo, the streets were lit up when I went to the Jubilee, and I didn't bother to see who was filming. But a few hours later when I went back to the store with a friend, she suggested we take a look. Lo and behold, there was Chris Noth filming a scene for Law & Order: Lawfuller and Orderier, or whatever incarnation of that series he's on. We stood ten feet away from him, which was weird because we could see the acting but not hear it at all. He trash talked some perp, then threw him in the back of a squad car. IRL, he is not baggy-eyed or jowl-y at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, because I thought it was Law & Order: Baggier & Jowlier.
If you would have yelled, "Yeah! Bust that punk!" Would they have had to yell "CUT!"?