Saturday, March 06, 2010

Spoiled. Rotten

This keeps happening: I go to dinner with a friend or colleague and they pick up the tab. And good food, too! Steak tartare and creme brulee and lobster bisque. Multiple course affairs with preprandial cocktails and wine with dinner and coffee after. I cannot even describe how much I love this. In fact, I try - I sort of squeal and clap and it makes the other person uncomfortable.

So that's the graduate student Lebensform, you guys. I'm either cleaning out my pockets for a $1 hotdog or choosing a wine pairing for my gigot.

2 comments:

Christian said...

Are those potato chips on top of a bran muffin top imbedded in a dollop of mashed potatoes on top of olive pits with carrot shavings drizzled in egg yolk? Gawd, I love that dish!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.